Budapest Travel Guide - Eyewitness - 2020
Whether you want to take a dip in mineral-rich thermal baths, step back in time on the cobbled streets of Castle Hill or enjoy cheap drinks in the city's ruin pubs, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Budapest has to offer.
Gazing at each other across the Danube, the city's two halves have their own distinct characters. While Buda is famous for its incredible medieval architecture, Pest is bursting at the seams with historic cafes and vibrant neighbourhoods.
Our recently updated guide brings Budapest to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the city's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
- our pick of Budapest's must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of Budapest, from Gellért Hill and Tabán to Southern Pest, Belváros to Víziváros