Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet New Zealand’s South Island Road Trips, your passport to uniquely encountering New Zealand’s South Island by car.
Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you’ll visit along the way, you can enjoy whale watching along the Kalkoura Coast or absorb stunning lake scenery at Milford Sound, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to New Zealand’s South Island, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet New Zealand’s South Island Road Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Detours, Walking Tours and Link Your Trip
Covers: Christchurch, Canterbury, Marlborough, Queenstown, Wanaka, Blenheim, Nelson, Kalkoura Coast, Southern Alps, Milford Sound, Te Anau, and more