Crete travel guide - Kréta útikönyv - Rough GuidesRough Guide
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Crete with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to visit the 3500-year-old Minoan palace of Knossos, stroll along the turquoise waters and rose-tinted sands of Elafonisi or hike one of Crete's countless gorge hikes that take you from the mountains to the sea, The Rough Guide to Crete will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Crete:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Crete
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Irakilo, Lasithi and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the striking windmills on the Lasithi Plateau and the awesome Melidhoni Cave
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Hania, Ayios Nikolaos and Rethymno's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Crete, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Iraklio; Lasithi; Rethymno; Hania