Tropical weather, sandy beaches and turquoise waters await you. Locals welcome visitors, with dazzling grins and a chance to peek into their unique Melanesian cultures. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Vanuatu & New Caledonia, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Vanuatu & New Caledonia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stare into the volcanic cauldron of Vanuatu’s Mt Yasur; eat snails by turquoise coves on New Caledonia’s Ile des Pins; or discover traditional tribal culture, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Vanuatu and New Caledonia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Vanuatu & New Caledonia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, food, drink, tribal culture, environment, arts, architecture.
- Over 45 colour maps
Covers: Vanuatu, Port Vila, Mt Yasur, Efate, Ambrym, Ouvea, Malekula, Espiritu Santo, Luganville, New Caledonia, Noumea, Grand Terre, Ile des Pins and more